A cracked or severely chipped windshield or shattered door or back glass on your car is a concern for a number of reasons. Missing glass exposes your car’s interior to harsh weather conditions and may leave your car vulnerable to theft. Cracked or shattered glass can make it difficult to see, posing a safety hazard for you and your passengers. A professional auto glass replacement is the best way to address the damage. Ace Auto Glass is the premier center for auto glass replacement and repair in Hawaii. Ace Auto Glass professional auto glass technicians are certified by the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC), and are the only AGSC certified technicians in Hawaii. They answer frequently asked questions about glass repair and replacement below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I clean up the glass?
If there is broken glass in your car, please sweep it away or vacuum, don’t pick it up with your hands. When your glass is replaced, Ace Auto Glass will clean up remaining glass which is often in between door panels and the car’s frame.
2. How is a door glass replacement done?
- Damage inspection by Ace Auto Glass certified glass technician.
- Vacuum glass debris.
- Install door glass and test for proper function.
3. How is windshield replacement done?
- Damage inspection of the condition of the car’s frame and seals by Ace Auto Glass certified glass technician. Sometimes a car’s frame may be rusted or otherwise damaged and require body work before a new windshield is installed.
- Remove damaged windshield.
- Prep seals and new windshield glass.
- Install new windshield
- Allow “cure” time for new windshield to set to the car’s seals.
4. How long does it take?
The professional grade adhesive used in windshield replacement must cure for at least one hour before you can drive your car. From start to finish, plan on a minimum of 3 hours for service for windshield replacement. Plan for more time and additional service if your car has advanced glass safety systems which require recalibration of safety cameras and sensors.
Replacing a door window takes about 2 hours.
If you’re in the Honolulu area and need auto glass replacement services, call (808) 847-3217 to schedule repairs with Ace Auto Glass. For a full list of their services, visit them online to learn more.